"KALAU TAKUT DIPUKUL OMBAK, JANGAN BERUMAH DITEPI PANTAI."....pepatah Melayu.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

LIFE AND LEISURE

STANDING AND STARING....AND THINKING?

What is this life if full of care
We have no time to stand and stare
No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows
No time to see when woods we pass
When squirrels hide their nuts in grass
No time to see in broad day light
Streams full of stars like skies at night
No time to turn at Beauty's glance
And watch her feet how they can dance
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began
A poor life this is if full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

I liked the above poem  by William Henry Davies when I was young. As a student of English Literature I memorized it then. I cannot do it now. I  write this down in this entry and started thinking again as to why I considered it  such a great creative thought. I think a little differently now. We should not find time to stand  and stare just for its own sake, enjoying leisure without a divine purpose. If we work hard  all day and every day and there is little or no time for leisure, but we did it all in pursuance of the Pleasure of Allah God Almighty, then there is nothing to be sorry about. Life has a purpose for now and the hereafter.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails