"KALAU TAKUT DIPUKUL OMBAK, JANGAN BERUMAH DITEPI PANTAI."....pepatah Melayu.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL, Indeed.......





Few days ago, after class,  I was with some friends in Kelana Jaya chatting away briefly about what life has in store for us."From whichever angle you look at, LIFE is beautiful." I said taking a little risk at being snubbed for being too idealistic. I closed my eyes at the end of my sentence, waiting to be screamed at by my dear friends.

"How can life be beautiful when you see miseries all around you." said Sarah.

"Yes," said Nora. "I cannot even make ends meet with rising prices of food, transport....name it. It worries me stiff and I have sleepless nights sometimes thinking of  how to put my two daughters through school, to earn a degree and hopefully earn a decent living later."

"You have a good pension scheme and free medical expenses as an ex government employee, Sobah. Therefore your life is stable and you can afford to enjoy holidays here and every where. So life is beautiful to you. Not to me. Not to many of us." Said Siti with her  head slightly down, and saying it in between murmurs.

"Ok,..ok..I retract my words." And I almost could see myself closing my ears so I could not hear what else they have to say.

"Please Sobah, let's talk about this another day. I have to hurry home and continue with my chores and attend to some urgent matters with my daughter and my 3 grandsons."

So we part ways for the day. It was about noon and I hurried home to my new born granddaughter.

My mind kept on thinking of  the brief encounter on life with my friends. Why is it so difficult for many of us to SEE that LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL  whichever  way you look at it. Allah, God alMighty brings into this world LIFE. That itself is a miracle, ever so beautiful. And life in this world, with all is its trials and tribulations, with all the miseries and anxieties,  with all its disappointments and misgivings ....LIFE IS STILL BEAUTIFUL. Believe in it, believe in the Mercy of Allah, God most loving most affectionate. Live Life the best way we know how based on the teachings of Muhammad (saw)  the Messenger Of Allah, Lord of the worlds and we will be blessed as He promised in the great book AlQuran alKareem.






Let us ponder upon what is said in the alQuran :
Chapter 6, Al AnAam, verse 95-99. (Translation by Abdullah Yusuf Ali).

"95 : It is Allah who causeth the seed grain and  the date stone to split and sprout, He causeth the living to issue from the dead,  And He is the One to cause the dead to issue from the living. That is Allah : then how are you deluded away from the truth?



96 : He is that cleaveth the day break from the dark, He makes the night for rest and tranquillity, and the sun and the moon for the reckoning of time, Such is the judgement and odering of Him the Exalted in power, The Omniscient.

97. It is He who maketh the stars as beacons for you, That ye may guide yourselves, With their help, Through the dark spaces, Of land sea: We detail Our Signs, For people who know.

98. It is He who hath produce you from a single person: Here is a place of sojourn, And a place of depature: We detail our signs for people who understand.


99. It is He who sendeth down rain from the sky: With it We produce vegetation of all kinds: From some we produce greens (crops), out of which we produce grains, Heaped up (at harvest) ; Out of the date-palm and its sheaths (or spathes) Come clusters of dates, Hanging low and near: And (then there are) gardens of grapes and olives, and pomegranates, Each similar in kind, Yet different in variety: When they begin to bear fruits, and the ripeness thereof; Behold ! in these things there are signs for people who believe."



Of course I do realize that many of us still see "the not so beautiful things."
But let us remind ourselves :
1. "Blessed be He In whose hands is domain: and He over all things has power;-
2. He who created Death and Life, that He may try which of you is best in deed: And He is the Exalted in Might, Oft-Forgiving;_"
(Chapter 29, Surah Al Mulk, verse 1-2)

Let us continue reading and understanding the alQuran and along with it the Hadiths. God Allah does not create this life in vain. 

"Behold ! In the creation of the Heavens and earth, and the alteration of night and day,_
There are indeed signs, for men of understanding,_

Men who celebrate the praises of Allah, Standing, sitting and lying down on their sides, And contemplate the wonders of creations, In the heavens and the earth, (with the thought) 'Our Lord not for naught has Thou created (all) this ! Glory to Thee ! Give us salvation from the Penalty of the Fire'"
Chapter 3, Surah Al Imran, Verse 190-191.

 So dear friends, The world is awesome and LIFE IS JUST BEAUTUFUL.....indeed. AllhuAkbar.

2 comments:

Kerabu Jantung said...

Salam Sis, memang seharusnya manusia jangan putus asa dari rahmat Allah.

Setiap ujian pasti ada rahmat di sebaliknya, cuma kita yang tak tahu - apa, bagaimana dan bila...

ngasobahseliman said...

Benar dear sister. Manya a times I write about my own thinking in my blog entry. Terima kasih atas peringatan.

Related Posts with Thumbnails