"KALAU TAKUT DIPUKUL OMBAK, JANGAN BERUMAH DITEPI PANTAI."....pepatah Melayu.

Friday, February 1, 2013

A "gruelling" eight years....ends in a smile !




FOCUSING ON DU'A
WE ALL DO.

A056

I have only created Jinns and men, that they may serve Me.
some eight years ago I decided to join a class to understand the meaning of the Quran the "harfiah" way. That is learning the Arabic grammar and reading it I would know the meaning of the Quran word for word and sentence by sentence.

It was a "gruelling" eight years but it was worth the effort and now I can smile to myself feeling thoroughly fulfilled. Alhamdulilah. All praises be to Allah alone. My utmost gratitude is to Him and none others. Allahu Akbar.

Friends did it in four or five years but I took twice the time. Some could do it in even a shorter time. And to be honest to myself and to others, and having gone through the proses,I must admit that I am no where near understanding the Quran the way a Muslim Mukmin should. At best I may be able to understand 5%-8% the meaning of each sentence as I read along. I am still inadequate in grammar and in vocabulary to understand the literal meaning sentence by sentence, let alone knowing the 'tafsir'. I have a long way to go.

But I have taken the first step and there is no stopping. It's better late than never. May Allah almighty render His Forgivness on all my shortcomings, ignorance and other attributes unbecoming  of a person serving the Creator and Sustainer of all beings.



This is my 'ustazah'. But she would rather be called as "Kak Mah". May Allah bless her with AlJannah for sharing her knowledge and having all the wisdom and patience with 'students' like me.

Next week is my final class and inshaAllah I will again say how much I have appreciated her effort to make sure I do not dropout from class.

Below are some of friends in one of my classes. I took this photo several months ago making sure I do not miss the opportunity to save this memory.

I know I will miss them.

May God alMighty, Allah be pleased with us and grant us JannatulFirdaus in the Hereafter. Ameen.

....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails