"KALAU TAKUT DIPUKUL OMBAK, JANGAN BERUMAH DITEPI PANTAI."....pepatah Melayu.

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Don't Be Sad.....





I was feeling a little sad the past few weeks and I have't been able to write the way I used to. Alhamdulilah, Now I am able to see things in the right perspective having talk to a dear friend and having done my du'a more consistently as advised by my mentor. In- sha- Allah I will learn to persevere day by day and by the grace of Allah I may be able to get back to my daily routine in good time....sans sadness or other negative feelings.

I found this book as I passed through the shops in a shopping Mall in Bangi just the other day and I would like to share some of the points in the beginning chapters that touched my mind and my heart beautifully. The book is titled "DON'T BE SAD" written by Dr. A'id ibn 'Abdullah al- Qarni and translated from Arabic to English by Faisal Ibn muhammad Shafeek. The original title is "La Tahzan".

page 34:
O Allah,
We seek refuge in You  from fearing anything except You, from depending upon anyone except upon You, from putting our full trust in anyone except in You, and from invoking anyone other than You. You are the Supreme Patron and an excellent Protector.

page 35:
Do you not see  that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, (both) apparent and unapparent. {Qur'an 31:20}
Then which of the blessings of your lord will you both (jinns and men) deny. {Qur'an 55:13}.


page 36:
The past is gone forever.
By brooding over the past and its tragedies, one exhibits a form of insanity - a kind of sickness that destroys one's resolve to live for the present moment.
Episodes of the past are finished with; sadness cannot retrieve them, melancholy cannot make things right, and depression will never bring the past back to life. This is because the past is non-existent.
By constantly dwelling on the past and its happenings, you placed yourself in a very frightful and tragic state of mind.
Reading too much of the past is a waste of the present.

page 37:
Today is all that you have.
Yesterday has passed with all its good and evil, while tomorrow has not arrived. Your life's span is but one day, as if you were born in it and will die at the end of it.
Live for today: During this day you should pray with a wakeful heart, recite the Qur'an with understanding, and remember Allah with sincerity.
Seek forgiveness from your lord, remember Him, prepare for the final parting of this world , and live today happily in peace.

page 39:
Leave the future alone until it comes.
The important thing to know is that tomorrow is from the world of the unseen, a bridge that we do not cross until it comes. Who knows - perhaps we might never see the bridge, or the bridge might collapse before we reach it or we might actually reach it and cross it safely.

*****

The above is a brief abstract and I felt inspired to read further so I would be able to keep the feeling of sadness at bay.

If circumstances permit in-sha-Allah I will share more the content of the book in my coming entries......

May Allah be pleased with me. Aamiin ya Rabb....

.......

2 comments:

noraini said...

Alhamdulillah.. I like the words quoted...maybe we might not be able to see tomorrow.. As of today Allah is always with us

noraini said...

Alhamdulillah.. I like the words quoted...maybe we might not be able to see tomorrow.. As of today Allah is always with us

Related Posts with Thumbnails