"KALAU TAKUT DIPUKUL OMBAK, JANGAN BERUMAH DITEPI PANTAI."....pepatah Melayu.

Friday, August 16, 2013

Learning to appreciate kindness...





This is Akif, my 5 year old grandson. He is special and he is confirmed mildly autistic a year or so ago. He is seen here posing with the Police near his home at Precinct 11 in Putrajaya. I have this photo sent to me by my daughter recently after she posted it on her FB. 

In the spirit of Eidul-Fitri I must congratulate  the Police Force for their strong social commitments in taking good care of "Lost and Found" children. Akif's weakness or strength (depending on how one looks at it) is his high desire to explore just about anything that attracts his attention. He must be held close all the time or otherwise he will run off to the spot that fascinates him and you will be caught off guard. Oftentimes it takes just a second to loose sight of him and you can never guess how or where to find him. He may be at places you would never expect a boy his age to be around. 

On one occasion, my daughter related the story to me, he slipped off the teacher's attention and after a frantic search they found him at a construction site nearby the school. On another occasion he slipped off the Nursery compound and boarded the bus as the bus- stop was near the Nursery. The driver took him to the Police station after he found out that the boy was alone and no adult person was with him. 

My daughter suggested to Akif that he should thank the officers at the Police station and as a gesture of goodwill and appreciation. My daughter brought Akif to give away the present as seen in the picture.

It is just a lesson in appreciating kindness...
He thinks of the Police as a friend...

I am touched by his ability to learn what is good behavior and what is not...







But a child is always a child.... 
On  the first day of Eid at our home, he was making the most noise and ran around the house releasing his energy. And on the left is what he did to me .....I enjoyed moments like this because it strengthens our bond.

May Allah grants His Miracles on Akif ...and may he grow up a great child and may he be an outstanding adult .......in his own way.


For Allah  is All Knowing, Most Wise.

...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails