"KALAU TAKUT DIPUKUL OMBAK, JANGAN BERUMAH DITEPI PANTAI."....pepatah Melayu.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

NEVER TOO OLD 1





Who would have thought at 63 I could still sit for 10 hours non-stop by bus from 8pm till 6am to Banda Acheh from Medan. Alhamdulilah, I did it, but not without a lot of uugh... ehh, ya Allah ! and more. It was not a ride I would recommend to anyone at 63. In spite of my Tai Chi and morning walk, 10 hrs without stretching your legs and without easing yourself in the rest room can be no less than a torture.
OUR SMALL HOTEL AT THE FAR END IN MEDAN.


                                                                 But why did I do that?




To be honest I thought I could do it.I did not plan to go for this trip but did not want to be home alone. So I thought I could challenge myself physically. My late mother at the same age was still out into the 'kebun' with her 'parang and cangkul' doing the normal thing a village woman would do on her land. She tilled the land with vegetables and kept the house compound spic and span. And she did that almost perfectly without complain. I took the challenge from my hubby who asked me to come along to Banda Acheh to learn more about a business prospect. We could not get a direct flight and since time was the essence, we decided to take the bus. Our guide told us that it would be okay. He forgot that I am 63. I flattered myself into saying that I must have looked a lot younger than my age, hee...hee..hee...



PREPARING FOR THE LONG BUS RIDE AT NIGHT. (MY HUSBAND AND SON)
On reaching Bandar Acheh I ran straight to the nearest rest room and almost could not make it. What a scene I would have created if "that" had happened. Wow ! what an experience on the first part of my trip. My legs shivered and I had a slight headache.It was rather cold in the bus and I was turning and tossing around but failed to feel relieved. I surprised myself for what I could endure. Alhamdulilah.


OTHER PASSENGERS WAITING TO BOARD THE BUS
It was just as bad for my husband, but perhaps worse as he tried to go to the toilet on a moving bus on a winding road and on a third class "highway". He was more sick than I was and his legs were hurting bad. We checked in to a hotel and rested.We had some comfort before the next venture.

THE BUDGET HOTEL WE STAYED IN BANDA ACHEH
We kept hoping and du'a that the next venture would be exciting and we hope to learn the greateness of our Creator even more.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails