"KALAU TAKUT DIPUKUL OMBAK, JANGAN BERUMAH DITEPI PANTAI."....pepatah Melayu.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO.....TO WIN



"I would go any distance," said a friend recently as we were discussing about winning and losing in life. " Oh My..", said another friend. "How could you do that?" Her eyes almost bulged out feeling angry to her veins. "Easy now," I said winking my eyes to another friend. "She must be joking," I continued trying to convince this friend that we should not be too serious when discussing subjects like this one, because no matter what we say, there is nothing much that we could do to make a difference.

We were actually talking about the recent decision by the government to legalize football gambling in Malaysia. It made many heads turned  in wrath and disgust. Gambling is clearly forbidden in Islam and if Malaysia claims to be an Islamic country, then why should we allow this to happen. One unlawful thing will lead to another. It may be followed by legalizing illicit sex, prostitution, corruption and perhaps many more. May God forbid. I believe that all religion despise gambling and these other things although many do not care to admit to this openly for fear of being considered as not being open minded and being classified a nerd.

Let us not fall into this hideous trap. Allah Almighty, our Creator and Sustainer, has classified those who do not say what they mean and do not mean what the say  as "Munafiq". (Hypocrites). Hypocrites say one thing, but do another. We can actually fight them with the right will and guidance. Of Hypocrites Allah says:
"Truly, if  the Hypocrites, and those in whose hearts is a disease, and those who stir up sedition in the City, Desist not,We shall certainly stir thee up against them: Then will they not be able to stay in it as thy neighbors, For any length of time".
                               Chapter 33 (Al Ahzab) Verse 60.
                               An English Interpretation  by Abdullah Yusuf Ali.

"The Hypocrites will be in the lowest depth of the Fire: no helper wilt thou find for them;-"
"Except for those who repent, mend (their life) Hold fast to Allah, and purify their religion, As in Allah's sight : If so they will be (numbered)  With the Believers And soon will Allah grant to the Believers a reward of immense value."
                               Chapter 4 (an Nisa) Verse 145-146
                             
As long as we are on this topic for discussion, let us be wary  of what Syaitan (the Devil) has to say on the Day of Judgement:(a Disclaimer)
"And Satan will say When the matter is decided: "it was Allah Who gave you a promise of Truth: I too promised, but I failed in my promise to you. I had no authority over you, Except to call you, but ye listened to me : then reproach not me, but reproach your own souls. I cannot listened to your cries, nor can ye listen to mine. I reject your former act in associating Me with Allah. For wrong doers there must be a grievous Penalty."
                            Chapter 14 (Ibrahim ) Verse 22.
                          
As I remind others, I remind myself and my loved ones that we cannot run away from the truth. Allah is all Knowing.:
"O our Loard, truly Thou does know what we conceal and what we reveal: For nothing whatever is hidden from Allah, whether on Earth or in Heaven."
                             Chapter 14 (Ibrahim) Verse 38.

Allahu'alam.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails